Mary C Younger, Chartered Psychologist
BSc. (Hons) Psych., PG Dip Couns., MSc. Counselling Psychology.,
C. Psychol, AFBPsS, FRSA
My qualifications and training
~ Chartered Psychologist
~ HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist and Counselling
~ BPS Registered Psychotherapist and EuroPsy
~ Post MSc Diploma in Counselling Psychology with City University
~ MSc in Counselling Psychology and Post Graduate Diploma in
Counselling at London Guildhall University
~ BSc (Honours) Psychology
~ Level A and Level B certification for Psychometric Testing
~ Advanced training in Counselling Skills and Theory
Specialist training in:
- Mindful Self-Compassion Teacher (Center for Mindful Self-Compassion, UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness and Self-Compassion)
- Teacher of Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Approaches (University of Bangor, Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice)
- Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Compassion Focussed Therapy, ACT, Stress Management, Transactional Analysis,
- Psychopharmacology, Risk Assessment of Suicide, Dementia Care, Couple therapy (Tavistock Centre), Family Therapy Training (KCC, IFT and AFT).
Professional Doctorate ongoing, due for completion in 2017
Member of British Psychological Society as a Chartered Psychologist
Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society
Member of the BPS Division of Counselling Psychology
Health Care Professions Council Registered Practitioner Psychologist
Member of the British Association Behavioural and Cognitive Practice
Professional Member of the Infertility Network UK
Open University Psychological Society and OU Alumni Association
Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
What my work involves:
~ Working on a short and long-term basis with individuals and couples
~ Psychological Assessment: including assessment of mental health
needs, risk assessment and psychometric testing.
~ Planning, application and evaluation of specific models of
evidence-based psychological therapy.
~ Plan and provide group interventions where appropriate.
~ Work with primary care services and jointly with the CMHT and Social
Services to provide single or joint assessments with a view to providing
appropriate interventions, signposting or referral on.
~ Working with associated statutory and non-statutory agencies to
~ Research, development and management of service provision.
~ Obtaining grant funding and managing a horticultural therapy project
- Teaching Mindfulness Based Approaches
~ Leading Meditation Groups, workshops and Retreat Days.
© Mary Younger 2016